Texas Board Certified Attorney, Mark A. Nacol has practiced law for over 40 years. Mark is board certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. While meeting and representing many people from all walks of life and businesses, including many fathers in his trial work, he received many requests from his clients to address their family law problems. His clients were telling him that they needed a committed advocate who would stand up for them in the Family Courts of Law.
Since Mark has been both a married and single parent to his children and has attained personal knowledge regarding contact between children and parents during very difficult times, he decided to devote time and effort to address his client’s family issues and needs.
Today Mark A. Nacol, Texas Board Certified Civil Trial Law Specialist, has a concentration in difficult family legal issues that affect fathers and their relationships with children and the family. Some of the areas of concentration are:
Mark Adam Nacol was born in Wichita Falls, Texas and graduated from Wichita Falls High School. Mark attended the University of Texas at Austin where he was a member of Sigma Nu Fraternity. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology with concentrations in English and Philosophy.
Upon graduation, he immediately entered law school at South Texas College of Law and graduated with a Doctor of Jurisprudence. While at South Texas College of Law, Mr. Nacol was a member of Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity.
Following graduation from South Texas College of Law, Mr. Nacol was admitted to the practice of law in 1974. He practiced law in Mesquite, Texas from 1974 until 1979, in North Dallas from 1979 to 1999 and in Richardson from 1999 until 2017 (now with an office in Dallas), initially as Mark A. Nacol and Associates, P.C., then Nacol, Wortham and Associates, P.C., and since 2009, The Nacol Law Firm PC. Mr. Nacol is board certified in civil trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Attorney Mark A. Nacol has been awarded the AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 rating from Martindale-Hubbell. This prestigious award, the highest peer rating for lawyers, represents a measure of esteem for which attorneys strive. It recognizes Mr. Nacol for his outstanding legal abilities, acknowledged by his peers, and signifies that his professional ethics and conduct are of the highest peer review rating.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Texas, 1974
- U.S. Tax Court, 1980
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1982
- 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, 1984
- U.S. Tax Court, 1980
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1974
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- J.D., 1974, South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas. Honors: Delta Theta Phi law fraternity
- B.A. in Psychology, 1971, University of Texas at Austin. Honors: Sigma Nu Fraternity; Debate Team
Professional Associations & Memberships
- State Bar Of Texas
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- A Fellow of the College of the State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Guest lecturer on psychology of the family, Southern Methodist University Psychology Department